MEDICAL SPECIALIZATION SCHOLARSHIPS
Fully Funded Scholarships
Medical Specialization Scholarship – Fully Funded Scholarship
The Universal Foundation is pleased to announce three fully funded scholarships for Maldivian citizens who are interested in pursuing medical specializations.
The foundation gives special emphasis on promoting the growth and development of human resources in the medical field, particularly for those who desire to specialize or sub-specialize. The scholarship package covers a range of expenses including monthly stipends, course fees, annual travel expenses, medical insurance, and visa-related expenses for the selected students.
- Scholarship Level – Post Graduate (specialization)
- Number of Scholarships – Three
- The deadline for application is 31st August 2023
Application deadline is now closed. We are no longer accepting any new applications until further notice.
Medical Specialization Fully Paid Scholarship Programme Application Criteria:
- Must be a Maldivian.
- The study programme must be in the field of medicine.
- The University that offers the study programme must be within (Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Nepal, Philippines, Bangladesh, India, and Sri Lanka).
- Must have obtained a letter confirming the university placement.
- The applicant must have worked in Maldives for at least two years after MBBS.
- The course must be a post-graduate level specialization programme.
- Among the applicants, preference will be given to the candidate who chose to study a medical specialization which is in a skill shortage area in the Maldives.
- The candidates must be willing to work 5 years in Maldives immediately after completing the programme.
- Applicants must pass the selection interview.
The Universal Foundation works directly and in partnership with both private and public organisations to sustain and develop programs which will enhance the channels through which Maldivians can expand their opportunities.
Our Mission will be to support and foster a wider community to connect through our mutual aspirations to alleviate the challenges faced in fundamental matters relating to education, health and community care.